Entry Week 3 A Principle of Fairness
Read the Deuteronomy 19: 21
Reflect on the possible meaning of
“life for life” “eye for eye” “tooth for tooth” hand for hand” “foot for foot”.
In your own words, explain the possible meaning in relation to the passage?
Entry Week 2 Property Ownership
Is property ownership a fundamental human right?
- What makes it fundamental?
- Who makes it fundamental?
- If not, them why is it not fundamental?
Entry-Week 1 Manslaughter Scenarios September 7th
- In 1883, a man walking along the pier, took up a box from a stall and threw it into the sea-where it struck a swimmer and killed him.
- In 2002, a 13 yr old girl watching a professional hockey game was hit by a hockey puck in the head and died at the hospital
- In 2017, a 16 yr old boy after losing to another boy in a popular video game, was so upset that he threw his phone out of a car window, hitting a motorists-making him loses control into oncoming traffic and died.
- In 1406 BC Two men, that were neighbors go to a nearby forest to cut some wood and as one of them swings an axe to cut down a tree, the head of the axe flies off and hits the other man in the head and kills him.
- In 1988, a man waiting for a train-after seeing another man he knew-in a moment of panic after seeing him and attempting to flee, jumped across the railway and was electrocuted.